Thank You ^ 100

Discussion in 'General' started by yogipaolo, Dec 18, 2011.

1. yogipaolo New Member

Wow!
    First, let me say thank you to all the developers who made FOG possible.

I work for a medium-sized private, non-profit school with a fairly thin tech budget. We are currently laboring with a 5 or 6 year-old installation of Altiris DS 6.8 on Win2k3. Altiris is a fine system, but it is cranky...
    I've been experimenting with FOG heavily over the past month and grow more impressed each day. I think that I can safely propose FOG to my supervisor as a superior replacement to Altiris.

I look forward to supporting the project any way I can. I will certainly use FOG and report my findings here and possibly on the Wiki.

Gratefully,

Yogipaolo
  2. Chuck Syperski Project Lead

Great to hear! Let us know how your conversion goes.
  3. yogipaolo New Member

So far, I'm having lots of fun with the conversion. I'm getting 2.4GB a minute for a single machine deployment with the client on the same switch as the FOG server (or at least one hop away).

The problem now I'm having is with WOL. I posted over in tech help section of the forum.
    I've also started experimenting with snap-ins with good success.
    Snap-ins will be the thing I need to sell hardest to my boss because we do use the altiris software push feature quite a bit...

Anyway, there is plenty for me to play/experiment/learn with!

PJW
  4. Bobfrid Member

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in developing FOG. It's a terrific tool and I've had great success using stand-alone servers for imaging. I'm hoping to take advantage of the more advanced features soon.

Even though we're a "Microsoft shop", I don't think I'll have trouble convincing the powers that be to make the switch, considering I was able to deploy 30 new laptops by myself in less than 3.5 hours using FOG, 2 5port-100Mbit switches, and minimal cursing.

Again, thanks all!