Unable to connect to tftp server

Discussion in 'General' started by Scgy, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Scgy New Member

Hi

I'm receiving "unable to connect to tftp server" when trying to start a basic imaging task.

The server is installed on fedora 16. I can run the following from the servers command prompt and it works ok:

Tftp -v 192.168.3.2 -c get pxelinux.0

I've also followed the fog wiki article and made sure all tftp passwords are correct, but still no joy.

Host connect ok using pxe and I see the fog menu, but I am unable to clone an image.

Can anyone help please?
  2. ssx4life Member

Did you double check and make sure your default storage group password is also set properly?
  3. Scgy New Member

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes I had set the storage group password correctly, however I have found a solution. It appears that the vsftpd yum install on fedora 16 is incorrect as it does not add /bin/bash to /etc/shells. Once I added it FTP began to work ok and I could start a new imaging tasks.
  4. nojohns New Member

I'm having a similar problem and I'd like to try the same solution that scgy used. How can I add bin/bash to etc/shells? I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
  5. chad-bisd Community Manager

On 10.04 LTS Server, you should not have to make that change. Create a new thread with the particulars of your issue including Fog version, OS Version, and as much information about the error as you can. We'll be glad to help you.